B2 Visa extension beyond 1 year of stay

Hi,

I have applied to extend my parent's B2 visa until until August 1 2020 in March 2020 citing COVID-19 and it is still pending (i have the receipt notice). Their 1 year stay in USA will end on September 20 2020. As situation in India hasn't improved and international travel into India (most of the some cities) is banned until July 31 2020, im planning to file another extension until September 20 2020. However, if international travel into India is still banned when their 1 year stay expires, is it possible to request another extension beyond the 1 year limit ? Please advise, Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Given the current pandemic situation, the immigration authorities must go ahead and approve their extensions for beyond one year period. It should be absolutely fine to apply for another one year extension but always better to check with an immigration attorney to understand any potential risks involved.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

Does USCIS allow 2nd submission of the I-539 form with the initial one being in pending status? I am also in the same situation. Upon contacting USCIS Customer Care, I was advised to submit a letter requesting the initial date I had requested to be changed to new one. I submitted the letter with necessary details- been a month and so far no response yet.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 3:26 PM, thule said:

Hi,

Does USCIS allow 2nd submission of the I-539 form with the initial one being in pending status? I am also in the same situation. Upon contacting USCIS Customer Care, I was advised to submit a letter requesting the initial date I had requested to be changed to new one. I submitted the letter with necessary details- been a month and so far no response yet.

@thule did you hear anything on your case?

I am in a similar situation here and trying to figure out the right path here. Appreciate any advice. Thanks!