Experience proof for L1A and green card application

ml04

Hello,

I am employed with my company (outside USA) for 5 years and working as a manager for a year now. They want to send me to the US as an L1A manager. I'm studying my options for

EB1C green card from L1A (1-year process-Employment based GC)

I have to be careful with the resume of L1A application as this will further be used for green-card application

Question 1: Will a past career gap adversely affect an EB1C green card application from L1A, if the gap was before past 5 years? Or will the gap affect L1A application? (One of my previous visitors visa application(B1/B2 visa was granted) to US hints that I was unemployed for a few years. Infact I was working during the time. The company I worked with during the period was closed out by the time of visitor visa application; I couldn’t prove the experience during that period and hence I excluded that employer in my visitor’s visa application. I did NOT specifically say that I was unemployed, but just did not add that employer)

Question 2:  Should I  wait for more experience in the same company as ‘manager’ outside the US, to build a strong case for EB1C Greencard? (OR "a current managerial job inside US + 1 year of managerial experience outside US with the same employer immediately preceding the entry to the US" sufficient for EB1c greencard? 

Question 3: How many years of career history does USCIS usually check/verify? Will an employer before 10 years be contacted for verification during L1A or green card application. ( I have unverifiable experience of 1 year during my OPT period. Ref: info given below on “OPT- experience proof unavailable”)

Question 4: How many years of reference letters from previous employers do you need to submit for EB1C green card application (from L1A)?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a history with USCIS. I have a total of about 5 years in my career that I cannot prove or give reference to.

OPT - experience proof unavailable

I did my Masters in the US, graduated in 2009, was on OPT for 1 year, after which I returned to home country.

During the 1 year OPT, I  had 2 employers.  Employer A for 4 months on a voluntary basis, and Employer B for  8 months.

Employer A: This was a software consultancy who I joined and got training, I left them after 4 months. I paid them a fee(penalty mentioned in the contract) for their training at the time of leaving, since I was not willing to take the placement/job offered in another city. I, unfortunately, don't even remember the name of this consultancy (this was a decade ago) and cannot get a reference! Even if I get their name, I am not sure they exist now, OR they would be willing to do anything with me after 10 years!

Employer B: They won't give any experience certificate/reference. I cannot prove this employment except for the copy of the paycheck of 2 weeks. (This employer B hired me with salary initially and after 2 weeks they laid me off. I got the pay-check for 2 weeks. I still have a copy of this pay-check. At the time of lay-off, they verbally agreed that I can continue working voluntarily for them and use their name for continuing status in the US. I believe USCIS has  both Employer A and B in my records for their respective duration, as I had updated those names with my university.  When I contacted Employer B three years back, for an experience certificate, they hung up and would not answer the phone or reply to emails.  I have given up on them.)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------