H1B Stamping

Hi,

I have valid H1B Stamping till 05 August 2020 in my passport and currently, I am in the USA. 
I have approved I140. Already I received H1B Extension I797A Petition which valid from 05/08/2020 to 08/14/2023 with I94 till 08/14/2023. 
Can I go for H1B  visa stamping in August (once embassy reopens) and come back in September?

thanks
Ram

18 hours ago, uirams said:

Hi,

I have valid H1B Stamping till 05 August 2020 in my passport and currently, I am in the USA. 
I have approved I140. Already I received H1B Extension I797A Petition which valid from 05/08/2020 to 08/14/2023 with I94 till 08/14/2023. 
Can I go for H1B  visa stamping in August (once embassy reopens) and come back in September?

thanks
Ram

Are you not at all following news. Please do search about EO which Trump signed on June regarding foreign workers.

Yes, you are eligible for stamping when the consulates open. Looks like the first two response posts above haven’t really read the EO themselves while advising you to do the same.

The EO bans only people that were outside the country on June 24, and didn’t have a stamp. Since you are in the US the EO does not apply in your case. You can go back and get the stamp for the extension. Ofcourse it’s good to be prudent and aware of the risks that come with stamping generally and especially during these times.