Deferring to Spring 2021 while change of status H4 to F1 submitted for Fall 2020

Hi,

I am currently on H4 visa residing in the U.S, I got admission into a full-time Professional certificate program in one of the most prestigious universities in California. I have received my I-20 for Fall 2020 and submitted I-539 online 2 days back, SEVIS fees as well but due to the COVID-19 pandemic, my University has converted this program as an online certification for Fall-2020 and the issued I-20's are called off as it is not considered as a full-time study program for this Fall.

I have been informed by the DSO to defer my semester to Spring-2021 wherein the course will be back to on-campus full-time study. I have submitted my I-539 online with a start date for Fall-2020 and it's I-20, but still have to mail USCIS other required documents. Can I now mail USCIS a new I-20 will a start date of Spring-2021 and attach a cover letter explaining the reason for deferring the semester? University is ready to provide a cover letter explaining these changes. Will such a change be accepted at this stage or I need to cancel the I-539 submitted for Fall-2020 and apply for a new I-539 for spring 2021? And how about SEVIS fees? Should I do the same for SEVIS too?

Please advise on any other options as well. Thank You.