L1B Extn, Now in RFE.. What happens if I leave the country and withdraw it?

SS_D

Hello, 

I am currently on L1B, filled an extension until the max out date. My i94 already expired, currently residing with Receipt #. I just got an RFE notice for the extension. My max out date is within 45 days and RFE's last date to respond is 60 days from now. I anyway intend to leave the country within the next 15 days. Do I still have to respond to the RFE? 

What happens if I don't respond to RFE, leave the country, and withdraw the application? Would that be constituted as overstay because I didn't respond to the RFE? Also, for future visa applications, does this RFE mean I got a denial or I should mark YES to question asking have you ever been denied a visa before?

All I am trying to avoid here is the hoops of approvals, internal processes, and documentation as I may not be even here in the country when the decision from USCIS comes or that even before my company officially responds to the RFE. Also, chances are that my max out date has already passed by the time my application is picked for processing in which case I don't know how USCIS is going to process such cases because the requested to date has already passed. 

Appreciate your help