All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
dipali103

Question about H1B visa stamping

I am in india right now and have an approved h1b petition (Jun15th approval date). Now with the ban and embassy not opened I cant get visa stamped until next year. I have following questions - 

1)Should I atleast get appointed on ustraveldocs.com (pay fees etc.) since I am able to do so?  or wait until ban is lifted?

2)Also my start date on this h1b will be affected, does it mean i have to reapply for next year? until when can I start? 

PS> I am currently working from India . My company transferred me last year to India branch as my extension got denied. This year they applied again and it got approved.

Edited by dipali103

You should apply for the visa if you are able to and get the stamping done. You can travel after the ban is lifted. You never know they can cancel the ban earlier.

1.From the date you paid fee for visa appointment, you are eligible to postpone your appointments 6 times.

2. Unless you step in to u.s your new h1b will not be activated. So my advise is to  pay & book an appointment in Jan 2021 which will let you postpone few times in case ban is extended.