Made a mistake on DS160 in the past and now I am getting married to a USC.

Hello All, 
I am currently on a H1B visa, with a I140 approved and I am an Indian national. In 2016, I lost my job while on H1B, I stayed for 60 days and then left the US, making me out of status for that time. I was able to find a job and re-entered the US 2 months after my departure. While filing out my DS160, I said 'NO' to the 'unlawfully present, overstayed the amount of time granted by an immigration official or or otherwise violated the terms of a U.S. visa? ' question, I was confused and thought the question usually applied to people who stayed beyond their I-94 date or stayed 180days after losing the employment. I got the visa stamp and came back to the US, after that I haven't gotten a new visa stamp. Last year during my I140 processing my employer’s immigration attorney told me that the correct response to the question should have been 'YES'. My fiancé is a USC and we are getting married early next year. In the future she will apply for a marriage-based GC for me. Would there be an issue with my future GC application, based on the mistake on DS160? I would love to fix this mistake, will it be wise to step out of the US and this time add a correct response to the DS160, with an explanation and then return?