All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
bobby224812

I-94 from USCIS Expired on I-797

I filed a H1 extension and got it on 12/16/2019 in premium processing & my extension/visa was approved from 01/01/2020 to 12/31/2020
but my I-94 was issued only from 01/01/2020 to 01/10/2020.

The end date of I-94 wasn’t noticed by my attorney & employer when the approval came. And later when it was sent to me, I didn’t notice it either.

When I went for my Driver’s licence renewal yesterday(June 16th,2020), the employee pointed out that my I-94 expired in January.

I realized then that my original passport expiry date was 01/19/2020 and I got my new passport in January after my H1 was approved. So, did USCIS mistakenly issue the I-94 end date as 01/10/2020 or was it intentional ?

I brought it to my employer’s notice immediately on June 16th & he filed for a typographical correction form with USCIS on June 17th 2020.

I’m really worried now as I’m considered out of status now and will reach 180 days with out of status on July 8th 2020. I want to know my options if the correction form submitted by my employer gets rejected.

Can I file a Nunc Pro Tunc H1B extension as it was not intentional?. If I do that, can I continue to work?. I can’t travel now with COVID and embassies are closed in India. What is the best course of action for me now?

If anyone was in the same boat, please advise, I would greatly appreciate it.