All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pappu2003

Expediating Visa stamping (criteria)

Can someone tell me what are the criteria for requesting a expedited visa stamping appointment in Canada?

I work in an essential role as a critical care physician at a large hospital. My mother is ill in India but stable. I'm hoping to visit her but my visa expires in July. Once the embassy opens up, may I request an expedited visa stamping appointment?

thank you

Pappu

I don't think there is a one size fits all criteria for emergency appointments. You should reachout to the embassy to see if they will accpet the emergency appointment request. You should check with an attorney to see if they can help you with what you need to submit to get this emergency appointment. 

anyone can request an expedited appointment....getting one, however, is up to the specific consulate/embassy. You should understand that you will not likely be the only one making such a request, and thus, there will be a queue of other applicants wanting to be first in line....only the embassy/consulate can decide who gets to be in the front of said line. An attorney cannot, a congressman or senator cannot 'order' the embassy to give preferential treatment to someone...it will be up to the consular manager(s) based on their own criteria and workload.

Edited by Noah Lott

I read in multiple places that classes starting and/or work stating at a certain date and you needing to be there also qualifies for expediated appointment. I know that I'm inside the country but if my work starts on 1st of August, and my visa expires 30th of July, could that we grounds for expedition?

Lastly, when we have to enter Canada, will 'I've come to Canada for Visa stamping' be considered as essential travel? (i'm talking of current times, while the Pandemic is still going on)

thank you

On 6/17/2020 at 5:02 PM, pappu2003 said:

Can someone tell me what are the criteria for requesting a expedited visa stamping appointment in Canada?

I work in an essential role as a critical care physician at a large hospital. My mother is ill in India but stable. I'm hoping to visit her but my visa expires in July. Once the embassy opens up, may I request an expedited visa stamping appointment?

thank you

Pappu

Hi @pappu2003 

Being a Physician, during current situation of COVID, you should be eligible for "emergency visa appointment"

I believe you might not need to include your mother illness as reason too.

Personally, i have guided some of my clients successfully for Emergency visa appointments - where they got stamped in single day in below locations with help of Emergency appointment(who are doctors, frontline workers during COVID on J1 visa) about the process as well as stamping in Nuevo Laredo, Mexico City, Hermosillo etc., Mexico in May & June 2020.

Please feel free to email me at my username