Expired B-2 Visa

Kchits

My mother in law came to the US on Jan 16th.  This is the 4th time she has come to the United states and every time she got the stay for 6 months but for some reason she only got 3 months stay this time and we have not noticed it until now.  I was planning to file an extension for 3 months but just realized that she already overstayed for 2 months now.  

Should I just file for a normal extension and clearly explain to them the reason for overstay?  Another problem is that I cannot get electronic I-94 when from the CPB website. It says "Travel record not found".  I dont think I can file for an extension without I-94. 

If she leaves without an extension, she would be considered overstayed and future visits might be affected. 

What are my options now?  Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Update: I was able to contact the CPB office and they have requested me to send the Passport photocopy. Within 15 minutes, they were able to update the website with new I-94 information.  On the passport they only gave 3 months stay but as per the i 94 online, it shows 6 months stay.  I will be applying for Visa extension. 

I was not sure, the CBP office might have not paid attention and just stamped the wrong date because the duration was for 87 days and not even 3 months.  He asked my mother in law how long she was going to stay and she said 5 1/2 months and told him that she has a return ticket and he seemed to be ok with it. 

I have filed for 3 months extension yesterday and I am hoping it goes smoothly. 

The only question I have is that in the I-94 that I retreived online, it shows the "Most recent  Date of Entry as - 2020 June 16th" and not the January 16th that she entered in the united states.  I am hoping that it won't be a problem.