B2 visa revoked

Prasi

My parents visited us last year and they were supposed to leave by September 2019. But since I was sick , they had to extend and I applied the extension for both of them and we got the receipt for both of them . Unfortunately there was an emergency for my sister and so they had to return to India immediately. Fortunately my dad got the fingerprint appointment just 2 days before they left but my mom didn’t get the appointment letter . Later we got the letter a week later that her appointment is same as my dad’s . But by the time they left to India . So they left by October 2019 .

Now yesterday I got an email that my mom’s US visa was revoked and they will ask my mom to physically come to chennai ofc when they reopen to physically cancel the current visa in passport . Is thfere anyway to know why my mom’s visa is revoked ? Any way that it can be reinstated? Please help .

Edited by Prasi

Why did they "have to" extend their stay? There are excellent doctors and hospitals here to handle your sickness. Apparently you were not so sick that you couldn't file their extension... Really, the excuse doesn't hold up.

An overstay automatically cancels the visa.

Thank you for your response JoeF. I had mentioned that the extension was filed for both of them and we got receipt for both of their extensions. The only thing is my mom didn't do the fingerprint since her appointment letter came late . It was on 8th October but the letter came to us on 17th . But by the time she already left to India.

3 hours ago, Prasi said:

Thank you Pontevecchio.  How can be sure why the visa was revoked? Is there any way we can reinstate it? Will an immigration attorney be able to help with this?

The cancellation is automatic. It is in the law. There is nothing to reinstate.

She will have to apply for a new visa.

Thank you JoeF and Pontevecchio. I guess then that's it. So they have asked my mom to schedule an appointment to physically cancel the visa in passport. During that time, will she be able to show the extension document ?  Also how long should we wait to apply for a new visa. When applying for a new visa, what additional documents should we provide so there will be minimal risk of rejection? Any pointers will be most helpful. Thank you again for taking time to respond. Much appreciate your help!

Thank you JoeF and Pontevecchio. I guess then that's it. So they have asked my mom to schedule an appointment to physically cancel the visa in passport. During that time, will she be able to show the extension document ?  Also how long should we wait to apply for a new visa. When applying for a new visa, what additional documents should we provide so there will be minimal risk of rejection? Any pointers will be most helpful. Thank you again for taking time to respond. Much appreciate your help!