H1b to H4 EAD

Hello,

I was on H1b from 2014 to 2016 and then moved to H4 EAD. Last year again I converted to H1b and the Max-out date is 05/2021. My employer is not filing for GC this year. So, I am planning to convert to H4 EAD so that I can retain my H1b time for few months. What is the quick and easy process to convert to H4 ead seamlessly? After my conversion to H4, can I use my old EAD card which is valid through 12/2021. Please provide the inputs.

What is the quick and easy process to convert to H4 ead seamlessly? -- no short cuts. Direct highway. No control on timeline.

After my conversion to H4, can I use my old EAD card which is valid through 12/2021 -- since you moved from H4 EAD to H1B then old H4 EAD is gone. I feel you need new H4 EAD card.

I may be wrong.

Edited by gopalakrishnach

Quick way is to go for H4 stamping and come back to use the EAD card. But since all consulates are closed your best bet is to file for COS to H4 which will take 6 months atleast. While applying your COS to H4 you can also apply for a new EAD card if you have any confusion if the OLD card is still valid, it will be approved with H4.