Two jobs on two different H1s at same time?

Hi,

I’m currently working for Company A. And I’ve a H1 transfer in progress to Company B. Both are FTE for American companies. Both the projects are remote at least until the end of the year! Can I continue to work for both the companies at the same time on different H1s. Are there any issues receiving two paychecks for same time period from two different employers? Please let me know. 

Thanks. 

On 6/4/2020 at 2:44 PM, nachda said:

Hi,

I’m currently working for Company A. And I’ve a H1 transfer in progress to Company B. Both are FTE for American companies. Both the projects are remote at least until the end of the year! Can I continue to work for both the companies at the same time on different H1s. Are there any issues receiving two paychecks for same time period from two different employers? Please let me know. 

Thanks. 

First, do both employers know that you are also working somewhere else? Employment contracts generally don't allow working on the side unless it is approved by the employer.

Second, it is pretty much mentally impossible to work 80 hours/week on the H1 level. This is not mindless burger flipping...

You can do both the jobs if you have the H1 filed as concurrent H1. Only the 2nd employer will need to know that you are working with him as a second job as they are the once who will file this concurrent H1. 

Read your employment contract with A and if it any clause about working other job, usually they have a clause for working for a direct competitor, but if there is nothing like that you should be good. 

Even burger flipping is not easy, if you let it set on the pan for extra 10 sec it will make the food useless. 

Thank you guys! (sorry for the delayed response.. email alerts from Murthy were delivered to my Spam!)

I can do both jobs at the same time. Fortunately, there is no set time for me to work. it's not like these two jobs are 9-5!! Especially, with COVID situations going on, I will be remote for the rest of the year and will have enough time to work on both as I can work on weekends too! So, I was thinking to continue both until the end of the year!

But, it looks like from the above posts, I have to disclose this fact to at least 1 employer and have a concurrent H-1 filed! Both cannot happen! I guess, I will have to pick 1 job and move on.

Again, thanks for taking time to respond to my question. Appreciate your advises.