All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
harz

DS 160 Have you traveled to any countries within the last five years

Hi,

I got H1B extension denied in Jan 2020 and have to travel back to India. My Employer filed new H1B petition in March that got approved in April 2020 for 1.5 years. Now I am filling DS-160 form for H1B Stamping interview and need suggestion on answering following questions :

Q1. Have you traveled to any countries within the last five years?   In last 5 years, I travelled to India for little over 1 month for H1B stamping and came back to US. Should I mention India or US or Both since i am applying for new H1B Visa from India.

Q2. Present Work ?  - Should I mention "Not employed" since my employment is suppose to start in June 2020 and my last working day in US was January 2020. Also there is explanation needed if I choose "Not employed". What would  be apt for explanation.

Please suggest.

1. Just US or India and US , both are fine.

2 If you are not employed currently in India at the time of submitting the DS 160, you should say not employed. 

Hi,

India is your home country. So, you need not list that in the countries you visited in the last 5 years. All other countries you visited need to be mentioned. 

One may choose NOT employed and provide appropriate explanation. Best is to consult with an experienced U.S. immigration attorney prior to submitting. Should you need assistance, you may reach us on info@murthyindia.com 

1. India

2. You should say not employed since I guess at the time of DS 160 submission time you will be in India.

But did you get interview date. You can submit your DS 160 till 48 hours of interview date. Better to submit then not early.