I140 approved but out of country H1b expired

Hi my i have couple of doubts could you please right directions

1. i140 approved , I am out of country.  6 yrs completed . H1B expired now I am in india. Situation I need to switch the employern

2. if I switch employer it affects my 140 and h1b ?

3.What are the possible options to get my extension with new employer. 

4. New employer need to apply new h1b? 

5. What is the ratio to get and approve my h1b.?

Edited by SriMaddy825_1

I hope your I140 is still active and not revoked.

If you switch employer it will not affect i140. After 180 days of approval it cannot be revoked.

What are the possible options to get my extension with new employer.  - Using I140 you can apply for H1B extension any time during year. You will get extension depending on approved active I140, company and your profile.

New employer need to apply new h1b?  - YES.

What is the ratio to get and approve my h1b.? - The risk level depend on your and employer profile. Sorry no magical formula.

On 6/1/2020 at 9:16 AM, gopalakrishnach said:

I hope your I140 is still active and not revoked.

If you switch employer it will not affect i140. After 180 days of approval it cannot be revoked.

What are the possible options to get my extension with new employer.  - Using I140 you can apply for H1B extension any time during year. You will get extension depending on approved active I140, company and your profile.

New employer need to apply new h1b?  - YES.

What is the ratio to get and approve my h1b.? - The risk level depend on your and employer profile. Sorry no magical formula.

Hi, are you saying that with an approved I-140 (>180 days), you can get an H1 filed on your behalf while you're outside the US? Also, there's no need to go through lottery?

Also, would you be able to help me with this question: 

My original birth certificate was in a bad shape and was laminated by my parents a long time back. Would that cause issues later on in the immigration process? I have an approved I-140 and I'm not sure if my birth certificate copy was used so far in the process.

Thanks!

Sv

Hi, are you saying that with an approved I-140 (>180 days), you can get an H1 filed on your behalf while you're outside the US? Also, there's no need to go through lottery? -- yes if I140 apporved and it is more than 180 days then the employer who got it approved cannot revoke it. Using that any employer can apply for H1B extension anytime of the year outside lottery. You can be outside of USA while H1B application.

Birth certificate as far as I know we always provide copies of it.  As long as you can make a copy of it then it is fine