H1B Amendment Requirement

Hello, 

I work for a company on the east coast as an FTE. Due to the pandemic, we're all working from home and I temporarily moved to the west coast to work from here till the pandemic ends. Since there seems to be no end in sight at the moment, my company asked for me to start the process of H1 amendment as I will soon go beyond the 60-day location change period. I agreed and wouldn't even mind permanently working from home from here. 

Today, they let me know that they cannot go ahead with the amendment due to the high chances of denial (they say due to my current salary bracket).  I still would like to continue working from the west at least until everybody returns to work. To negate the 60-day rule, can I go to the east to work for a week or two and then come back to the west to start my 60-day period fresh?

Thanks in advance for the help!

On 5/28/2020 at 2:03 PM, seekimmihelp said:

can I go to the east to work for a week or two and then come back to the west to start my 60-day period fresh?

I don't think it works that way. I guess you get 30 days (60 days in current sitation) for a petition. With in 60 days if you plan on working longer at the new location, you will need to file an amendment if not you will need to move to the original location as per the LCA.