H1B petition filing as per new registration system

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum & have following questions on H1B visa filing for this year.

Once someone gets selected in the registration lottery as per the new system in FY21, the employer has to pay all applicable H-1B fees irrespective of the petition is filed or not? Any such rule changes from this year?

Can employer avoid filing the petition for candidate selected through new registration lottery system ?

I appreciate your response.

Thanks

You should NEVER pay the H1 fees. 

If the employer doesn't want to file the petition for cases selected in Lottery, that is fine. 

On 5/27/2020 at 9:10 AM, Projx said:

Hello Everyone,

I am new to the forum & have following questions on H1B visa filing for this year.

Once someone gets selected in the registration lottery as per the new system in FY21, the employer has to pay all applicable H-1B fees irrespective of the petition is filed or not? Any such rule changes from this year?

Can employer avoid filing the petition for candidate selected through new registration lottery system ?

I appreciate your response.

Thanks

Thanks everyone for your valuable input.

I am not a employer. I am employee who's petition got selected in new registration based lottery system started this year. Due to corona virus situation I got release from a project here, that is reason my employer has hold up my petition filing this what i came to know unofficially lately after my all documents got verified internally. So that is reason I wanted to know really if they can't file the petition as also this year petition fee has to be paid only after selection which is in their hand. With very less time for me to get a project here, as June-end is petition filing deadline, I am really concern even after getting lucky through lottery😥 , H1B will not get filed.

On 5/29/2020 at 3:48 AM, 02112018 said:

No changes, employer has to pay all applicable H-1B fees irrespective of the petition is filed .

@02112018 Can you help with any official link from USCIS? with this at least I can inform them to consider my case if i don't get project.

On 5/28/2020 at 11:27 PM, gopalakrishnach said:

If you apply for H1B then employer must pay all fees

Can employer avoid filing the petition for candidate selected through new registration lottery system ? - I guess yes if job is no longer available. I sense you are employer please work with attorney and not depend on free forums.

On 5/30/2020 at 7:17 AM, JoeF said:

Never never never pay any money for an H1. It is illegal. An employer who asks for money is a fraud.

@JoeF  @gopalakrishnach Yes employer has to only pay. As this year, they have to pay full petition fee  only post employee selected in registration they have lot of control & current coronavirus situation has worsen it the most.

Edited by Projx
corrected sentense to avoid possible confusion while reading between the lines.

https://www.uscis.gov/forms/h-and-l-filing-fees-form-i-129-petition-nonimmigrant-worker

Any petitioner filing Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, must pay the filing fee to the Department of Homeland Security. There is no fee waiver for this form. You can find the filing fee amount in the "Filing Fee" section of the Form I-129 page.

In above context : Any petitioner means : Any employer