Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Attorney_22

B-2 Change of Status Due to COVID-19

Recommended Posts

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding changes of status to B-2 due to complications caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.
2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.
3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.
4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can one mention the need for extended time looking for employment opportunity beyond the 60 days grace period in the B-2 COS application after layoff? Is this a legitimate need? Or will USCIS deny such applications based on incompatibility with the intent of B-2 visa?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2020 at 4:48 PM, Attorney_22 said:

This week, Murthy Law Firm attorneys will answer questions regarding changes of status to B-2 due to complications caused by the COVID-19 pandemic.

Rules for Topic of the Week Threads:

1. Attorney's postings contain general information only and are not a substitute for case-specific legal advice.
2. The attorney will answer only those questions which relate to the main subject. If you have a question on some other issue, please start a new thread in the appropriate forum section.
3. The attorney will not necessarily answer every question posted and may provide a single answer to a group of similar questions.
4. Please do not provide information which would identify any specific company, university or individual.

Me and wife entered USA on B2 Visa on 01/30/2020. We are not sure if flights back to India will resume before expiry of our entry valid till 07/29/2020. How can we request for extension and chances of its approval

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/21/2020 at 10:11 PM, inconsistency said:

Can one mention the need for extended time looking for employment opportunity beyond the 60 days grace period in the B-2 COS application after layoff? Is this a legitimate need? Or will USCIS deny such applications based on incompatibility with the intent of B-2 visa?

As in life, it is often not what you say, but how you say it. Therefore, a B2 COS due to layoff may be acceptable in this environment, but how you explain the request may make all the difference. We have attorneys working on such applications, and therefore, it may be worth your time speaking to one of them.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/23/2020 at 1:56 PM, Mow57 said:

Me and wife entered USA on B2 Visa on 01/30/2020. We are not sure if flights back to India will resume before expiry of our entry valid till 07/29/2020. How can we request for extension and chances of its approval

If there are still travel restrictions that prevent you from obtaining a flight back to your home country, USCIS should be considering those as positive factors for the approval. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My H1B 6 years are completing on July 8,2020 although my i94 is expiring on Oct 6, 2020. Can i file B2 and stay on the basis of receipt in order to stay beyond 6 years since international travel is restricted due to COVID and i don't want to travel in repatriation flight. Also, my GC application is on prevailing wage stage. Can this change of status effect my GC process in future? Please advise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×