H1B extension got approved in 2 weeks

I want to share with people here about my H1 extension got approved in 2 weeks.  My employer applied for my H1 extension on 04/22/2020. The USCIS issued Receipt Notice on 04/23/2020. I checked my case status in uscis.gov/casestatus on May 6 2020 and the status was shown as Case was approved. I got my soft copy of approved I-797 from my employer on May 7th 2020.  The extension was only for 1 year since the client letter was given for only 1 year project. I am good till June 2021.  I filed on regular processing and things worked out for me in 2 weeks of time which I didn't expect. My filing was with Nebraska Service Center.

I am EVC model. I have been in US since 2006 and have been in H1 all the time. Got I-140 approved with same employer and keep extending my H1.  Hope this helps to the people here who are planning for their H1 extension.

Edited by gitasankar
corrected grammar and spelling mistakes.

Hi Gitasankar,

Are you sure you got approval notice next day ? My case was approved on 11th May with Nebraska Service Centre but attorney did not receive approval notice yet. Per Attorney approval notice is taking 3 to 4 weeks currently because of covid situation.

On 5/16/2020 at 10:10 PM, aloo88 said:

Are you sure you got approval notice next day ? My

Hi..  This is the message I saw in uscis.gov/casestatus when i wanted to check the status of my H1B on May 6th 2020.   So it looks like my case was approved on May 5th 2020. I received the soft copy of my approved I-797 from my employer on May 7th 2020.  Hope this helps. 

On May 5, 2020, we approved your Form I-129, Petition for a Nonimmigrant Worker, Receipt Number LIN1234567890. We sent you an approval notice. Please follow the instructions in the notice. If you do not receive your approval notice by May 20, 2020, please go to www.uscis.gov/e-request. If you move, go to www.uscis.gov/addresschange to give us your new mailing address.