H1B 6 years is getting expired and cant leave USA because of covid 19 pandemic situation

My situation currently here is that my H1B 6 years is getting expired on Aug 17 2020.

On checking with my employer, employer updated that the only option to stay in pandemic is by changing the status to B2 Visitor Visa and travel back to India once this covid 19 pandemic situation clears.

so wanted to get opinion from Murthy lawfirm on this if this is the only way to go with or is there any other options ?

As there are financial aspects to think of.

On 5/13/2020 at 4:19 PM, sriashwinonly said:

My situation currently here is that my H1B 6 years is getting expired on Aug 17 2020.

On checking with my employer, employer updated that the only option to stay in pandemic is by changing the status to B2 Visitor Visa and travel back to India once this covid 19 pandemic situation clears.

so wanted to get opinion from Murthy lawfirm on this if this is the only way to go with or is there any other options ?

As there are financial aspects to think of.

You might have to reach out to the law firm by calling them for legal advice. 

I don't think there is any other way to say other that B2 or filing an extension.

• 4 weeks later...