Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
genuinebeing

Have a Potential Alternative Offer. Confused with COVID-19 Immigration Scenario. Please advice!

Recommended Posts

I am on my renewed H1B Visa that is valid until August 2022 and working with a company 'A'. I have a potential job offer with another company 'B' now. Company 'B' hasn't started the H1 yet, but, I am a little confused and worried on whether to switch employers in the current fluid situation. I am hearing mixed opinions and responses on my situation. I am seeking some help on this platform for a more meaningful response. 

My questions:

1. Does the recent 60 day immigration ban has any impact on the new H1B transfers?

2. Now that the premium processing is cancelled and I hear from other sources that even if my H1 transfer gets approved now, under current circumstances, it will only be valid for 4 to 6 months and to be applied again for renewal beyond that time period. How true is this?

3. What would be an ideal scenario? Would you recommend me to wait until all this dust settles out and hopefully the premium process is back online and have company 'B' apply for my H1 transfer then?

 

I hope your suggestions and responses will help my decision making process better.

Thanks,

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×