Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Filing I-130 for parents, I don't have birth certificate

Recommended Posts

I am USC (born in India). I wish to file I-130 for my parents. However, I do not have a birth certificate. I do have non-availability of BC letter and affidavits from both parents. Is that usually accepted/enough to establish relationship? 

Share this post

Link to post


From your message, it is not clear if you are referring to birth certificate from the U.S. or lack of birth certificate from India too.

How did you claim your U.S. citizenship and passport without valid proof for your birth?

In general, the non-availability certificate along with affidavit from two people who were old enough to testify the time, place and parentage at the time of your birth should help.

Share this post

Link to post

Just as a point of interest. The NABC along with said affidavits was enough for my Green Card all those years back. Two years back when I applied for my Mom's GC, they did not accept the above proof and gave me the option of a DNA test to prove the relationship.

Share this post

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now