All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
skmmsk123

Executive Order vs H1B Stamping in India

Hello

I came to India in March forst weekfor my H1B Drop Box appointment and then got a 221(g) asking to attend in person interview. But Consulates are closed since March 16th due to Pandemic. I have heard people saying that recent executive order does not impact Non Immigrant Visa holders but will it have an impact on people waiting to get their H1B visa's stamped in India?

I am a full time employee with same company since 8 years and this is my 3rd stamping (never had any issues)

Thanks & Regards

On March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services temporarily suspended routine in-person services to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). USCIS plans to begin reopening our offices on or after June 4, unless the public closures are extended further. USCIS staff are continuing to perform duties that do not involve face-to-face contact with the public. 

@02112018     Thanks for the response but my query is not regarding USCIS offices in US. My query is more  about US Consulates & embassies in India and how the recent EO effects H1B visa stamping 

@gopalakrishnach   Looks like no one really getting my question.  I am aware that all US Consulates and embassies are closed now. Once the consulates re-open and once they start consular services, will this EO have an impact on H1B Visa stamping?

Hello!

We are sorry to know of your predicament. At this time, the executive order only restricts issuance of certain immigrant visas for a period of 60 days, starting April 24, 2020. There is a reference to the situation of non-immigrant visas being reviewed in 30 days from date of proclamation. We need to wait to see if that will have any impact. We truly believe this will not impact H1B workers who previously held H1B status.

We will continue to post any updates on www.murthyindia.com.