Options after resigning on H1B visa during COVID-19

Convert to H4 and then apply H4 EAD. You can do both of them at same time being in USA.

In matter of H1B, is she on Contracting position or full-time? If full-time the employer will let USCIS know she do not work for them anymore and revoke H1B thats law.

If contracting position, it seems she might resign from client so she still has job with her employer and how she will maintain her H1B when she is not on client project, she needs to discuss with employer. No employer can afford to maintain status of H1B without client project.

Edited by gopalakrishnach

Hi ,

I am in the same boat. I am leaving the company next Friday due to personal reasons. I am on H1b visa, I will try to search for job in 60 days grace period. my husband is on F1 OPT but his visa is expiring in July and he is planning to go for day 1 cpt. Can I apply for F2 while he is on day 1 cpt if I don’t get a job in 60 days. What’s the chance of getting denied. Also if I get a job while my H1b to F2 COS , can I apply back to H1b with my new employer?

Can you please suggest what else I can do to maintain valid status ?

Thanks in advance!

15 hours ago, AgrawalK said:

Hi ,

I am in the same boat. I am leaving the company next Friday due to personal reasons. I am on H1b visa, I will try to search for job in 60 days grace period. my husband is on F1 OPT but his visa is expiring in July and he is planning to go for day 1 cpt. Can I apply for F2 while he is on day 1 cpt if I don’t get a job in 60 days. What’s the chance of getting denied. Also if I get a job while my H1b to F2 COS , can I apply back to H1b with my new employer?

Can you please suggest what else I can do to maintain valid status ?

Thanks in advance!

Day 1 CPT....RUN RUN RUN. Never a good idea to join a collage to get Day 1 CPT.