Maintain H1B Status - Extension Rejection

Need advise on the below scenario to maintain H1B Status.

1. Base H1B petition Approved till Dec 2021 for Location A for Client A. Also I-94 valid till Dec 2021

2. Amendment Approved till Jun 2020 for Location B for Client B

3. Extension + Amendment filed for Location C for Client C

Please confirm the possible options to maintain legal status.

a) Can I go back to Location A and work for any client within 50 mile radius incase Extension + Amendment gets denied for Location C (or) Should I have to leave US Country

b) Can I transfer my H1B to new employer ? Is there any timeline by which that has to be done ?

1 hour ago, sman2000 said:

Thanks.  By the way I am working for the same employer right from Location A till Location C.   So If Location A Petition still active can I work for any client within 50 miles from the address filed.

Does it need an amendment (or) Can I just move back.

Please suggest.

The petition is for your employer. If the client location changes, even going back to a previous location, a new LCA and H1 amendment has to be filed (and paid for by the employer, of course.)

Edited by JoeF
2 hours ago, sman2000 said:

Thanks.  By the way I am working for the same employer right from Location A till Location C.   So If Location A Petition still active can I work for any client within 50 miles from the address filed.

Does it need an amendment (or) Can I just move back.

Please suggest.

H1 petition is for a specific job for a specific location/s (as per LCA), if anything changes in these 2 then it will be a new LCA and New H1.