All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Suneela

H4 to existing H1 visa conversion

Hi,

I am having H1 visa and after I worked couple of years I moved to H4 visa (due to maternity) and now I am trying to convert to H1 visa. Companies are ready to take but they need H1 approved petition.So when I asked consultancies to apply H1B they are asking offer letter which companies are not willing to give unless I have a H1B approved petition.Can you please suggest what I need to do?

what you mean by this.. Companies are ready to take but they need H1 approved petition

You want to work for companies like contractor? In that case yes they will not give client letters.

Normally consultancies need to apply for H1B with client letters and in your case they are asking you to get the client letter and you do all the work. They will apply for H1B and will become your employer. This is what I understand from your post.

Try to find out and get an email from your client manager which states that client do not provide letters to contractors and it is company policy. Using that email any good employer can apply for H1B and can face RFE if you get it.