Layoff while on H-1B

I’m a H-1B employee laid off due to  shut down amidst the covid uncertainty. My last day with employer was 3rd Apr 20 and my I-94 is valid until Mar 2022.

I understand I have a 60 day window to find my next job which is proving difficult in these uncertain times.

My questions are,

1)My spouse is on H-4 and is working on H4-EAD. Can my spouse work on H4-EAD while I am in grace period? If yes,How long can she work?

2)If I cannot find the job within the grace period, Can I still continue to stay in the country even though my current I-94 is still valid? 

I really appreciate your inputs and looking for options during these difficult times. I know these are not legal advices.

Thanks,

On 4/5/2020 at 6:27 PM, hari4basis said:

I’m a H-1B employee laid off due to  shut down amidst the covid uncertainty. My last day with employer was 3rd Apr 20 and my I-94 is valid until Mar 2022.

I understand I have a 60 day window to find my next job which is proving difficult in these uncertain times.

My questions are,

1)My spouse is on H-4 and is working on H4-EAD. Can my spouse work on H4-EAD while I am in grace period? If yes,How long can she work?

2)If I cannot find the job within the grace period, Can I still continue to stay in the country even though my current I-94 is still valid? 

I really appreciate your inputs and looking for options during these difficult times. I know these are not legal advices.

Thanks,

1. Yes, 60 days.

2. No, you will need to leave or file for an other visa status within the grace period.