H1B End date and I94 End date is different on i797A -I94 expires before H1B

Hi,

My H1B extension was approved with the below end dates on I797A.

H1B end date: 12/31/2020

I94 End Date: 01/10/2020

I feel that this is a clear typo as the I94 end date should be H1B end date + 10 days, which makes it 01/10/2021.

Can I submit an SR with USCIS? or NPT (Nunc Pro Tunc Request to Reinstate Status in the U.S) with USCIS?

I have the below questions.

1) Will USCIS send another I797A with a corrected I94 end date?

2) Can I do  H1b transfer and work on the Receipt for the new employer?

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Srinee2,

Not sure its a coincidence or fate but I have the same dates just like yours and I realized it today a month later than you, can I ask you a question what is the status.

Did your employer/attorney submitted the SR?

My Dates are:

Thanks in advance.

On 5/2/2020 at 10:36 PM, amd2arm said:

Hi Srinee2,

Not sure its a coincidence or fate but I have the same dates just like yours and I realized it today a month later than you, can I ask you a question what is the status.

Did your employer/attorney submitted the SR?

My Dates are:

Thanks in advance.

When the H1 expires you have a 10 day grace period. That's what the I-94 shows.

If you stayed past that date you need to leave ASAP. An overstay of 6 months or more will result in a 3-year ban.

• 2 weeks later...

@srinee2 Not sure if you have an update, my employer submitted the SR and it got corrected in a week after the request was submitted.

@User099 Thanks for the suggestion, my employer's attorney was off the bat said its a typo and we should be able to get it fixed, and within one week of raising an SR, we get the response back stating mistake has been corrected and new I797A will be mail.

@JoeF Thanks, my issue was I had a wrong I94 date part of the I797A.

Thank you all for the post and for responding to my question, hope my response finds some ease, Best of luck.

19 hours ago, amd2arm said:

@srinee2 Not sure if you have an update, my employer submitted the SR and it got corrected in a week after the request was submitted.

@User099 Thanks for the suggestion, my employer's attorney was off the bat said its a typo and we should be able to get it fixed, and within one week of raising an SR, we get the response back stating mistake has been corrected and new I797A will be mail.

@JoeF Thanks, my issue was I had a wrong I94 date part of the I797A.

Thank you all for the post and for responding to my question, hope my response finds some ease, Best of luck.

Told you so 😉

Glad everything was fixed without much pain!

• 3 months later...