H1B Transfer approved with Consular Processing, Unable to go for visa stamping due to COVID-19

Hi All,

Request for your guidance on this.

I was working on H4 EAD for Company A, they applied my H1B and it was approved with Consular processing. I continued to work on H4 EAD and did not change my status to H1B. 

I quit Company A and joined Company B on H4 EAD, they applied for H1B transfer and it got approved on Mar'19 2020 with Consular processing after an RFE. 

My H4 EAD is expired and my employer has placed me on unpaid LOA(for almost 5 months now). 

Currently I am unable to go for Visa stamping due to the travel restrictions and embassy closures. 

I am looking for options to activate the H1B to join back work. Can you please advise on options to do this.

Thanks in advance,

Indhu

On 4/4/2020 at 2:37 PM, Indhu1807 said:

Hi All,

Request for your guidance on this.

I was working on H4 EAD for Company A, they applied my H1B and it was approved with Consular processing. I continued to work on H4 EAD and did not change my status to H1B. 

I quit Company A and joined Company B on H4 EAD, they applied for H1B transfer and it got approved on Mar'19 2020 with Consular processing after an RFE. 

My H4 EAD is expired and my employer has placed me on unpaid LOA(for almost 5 months now). 

Currently I am unable to go for Visa stamping due to the travel restrictions and embassy closures. 

I am looking for options to activate the H1B to join back work. Can you please advise on options to do this.

Thanks in advance,

Indhu

What were you waiting for last 5 months? You can't do anything other than to wait for consulates to open back.

• 3 weeks later...

Even if you are planning to go canada from michiga drive through below is what https://www.uscis.gov/ says

On March 18, U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services temporarily suspended routine in-person services to help slow the spread of coronavirus (COVID-19). USCIS plans to begin reopening our offices on May 4, unless the public closures are extended further. USCIS staff are continuing to perform duties that do not involve contact with the public. However, USCIS will provide emergency services for limited situations. To schedule an emergency appointment, contact the USCIS Contact Center.