Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
santhoshkumar30

H1B Transfer on receipt

Recommended Posts

Hi Team,

I need some input from you.I got Fulltime with client and need to transfer my H1.Since premium is suspended i need to join on the receipt notice.

Incase transfer got rejected what are the other options will i left with.

  • Currently working with Employer A (contract position) and need to Employer B its Fulltime position and one of the lawfirm is taking care about the transfer.
  • Wage level for Fulltime position is  Level-3 and education background is completely related to Computer Science.
  • If transfer got rejected can i join back with employer A or need to file case with USCIS again?

what are the chances of approval or rejection , since taking risk to join on receipt notice just need input from you.

 

Thanks in advance.

 

Thanks,

Santhosh

Share this post


Link to post

Once you join your full time you old employer will let USCIS know and revoke H1B so it will be gone

If transfer got rejected can i join back with employer A or need to file case with USCIS again? -- if above happens A needs to file new petition and get it approved.

what are the chances of approval or rejection -- sorry no magical.

 

Share this post


Link to post

In the current situation, unless it is not very critical its not advisable to join on receipt. If you feel your job is safe at employer A and you can survive for few months there its better not to move to new employer. If Employer B is willing to wait you can request him that you can only transfer once your H1b is approved. 

Share this post


Link to post

Thanks for the response .Since its contract position i don't think so i can survive  for next few months.Since i got fulltime i am thinking to move.

Employer B can't wait to get it approved on regular processing.If its premium that will be fine since regular processing hope no one waits for that.

 

What if Employer A don't revoke the petition ? Can i join back ?

 

Thanks,

Santhosh

 

Share this post


Link to post

Without knowing the specifics of your case I don't think anyone can tell you what are the chances. But its always risky to join on receipt. 

Check with a attorney for better advice as they will review your details and will be in a better position to advice.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
×