L1A Stamping cancelled in Canada ,Question on creating Ds160 appointment in INdia when embassy opens.

Hi Team,

Here is my situation , I am currently in US . I was planning to get my L1A visa stamped in Canada ,

So planned an appointment for March-27th , but my appointment was cancelled because of COVID outbreak .

I had to travel India in the month of August/September .  I am thinking of creating a another DS-160 and book an appointment in Chennai, India  rather travelling to Canada for stamping . Now Chennai embassy is also closed for appointment’s . So I am planning to book a appointment in Chennai when the embassy opens.

I have these question in my mind, appreciate if anyone can help me.

1. Is it ok to have 2 DS-160’s and 2 appointment one in Canada embassy and another in Chennai, India embassy ? is this acceptable ?
  2. As my Canada appointment is cancelled, so planning to create a new DS-160 for Chennai, India  and book an appointment in Chennai.
17 hours ago, shakthijan5 said:

Hi Team,

Here is my situation , I am currently in US . I was planning to get my L1A visa stamped in Canada ,

So planned an appointment for March-27th , but my appointment was cancelled because of COVID outbreak .

I had to travel India in the month of August/September .  I am thinking of creating a another DS-160 and book an appointment in Chennai, India  rather travelling to Canada for stamping . Now Chennai embassy is also closed for appointment’s . So I am planning to book a appointment in Chennai when the embassy opens.

I have these question in my mind, appreciate if anyone can help me.

1. Is it ok to have 2 DS-160’s and 2 appointment one in Canada embassy and another in Chennai, India embassy ? is this acceptable ?
  2. As my Canada appointment is cancelled, so planning to create a new DS-160 for Chennai, India  and book an appointment in Chennai.

1. Yes, you can have 2 DS 160's & 2 appointments & can attend 1 without any issues.(If asked, you can explain in current scenario that due to getting dates is tough / due to current cancellations, you can take chance of having parallel appointments)

2. Yes, you can

Edited by venkatramrm@gmail.com
Update
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi!

One may fill out multiple DS160s, however, one needs to ensure that the right DS160 Confirmation is presented to the consulate during the visa interview. This means that all the details on the DS160 including the “location” must be accurate.

In your case, you will have to pay the Machine Readable Visa fee again to apply at the U.S. Consulate, Chennai (or any other post in India).

• 2 weeks later...