All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
raihan26

Can H1B people do options trading?

I am currently working as full time software engineer in some company and wanted to check whether doing day/swing trading is fine on my H1B visa?
Is it legal to do day trading, swing trading on options while on H1B visa? Seeing mixed answers on this so wanted to check what everyone thinks.
It doesn't matter how many trades you do within a day as long as you are paying taxes on them on your H1B? Correct.

I am planning to do options trading with large number of trades daily so wanted to make sure will it be fine on my H1B status.

7 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

I am on H1B and I do trading stocks and options using one brokerage app. I file my taxes and submit my 1099.

Thanks. So according to you there is no issue and I can do that as well without impacting my H1B? Btw how long have you been doing this?

17 hours ago, raihan26 said:

Thanks. So according to you there is no issue and I can do that as well without impacting my H1B? Btw how long have you been doing this?

I am not legal attorney. What I said is not an legal advise. Those are my personal opinions...

On 3/31/2020 at 10:11 AM, gopalakrishnach said:

I am not legal attorney. What I said is not an legal advise. Those are my personal opinions...

Yeah I understand that part so how long have you been doing this?