H1B holder laid off due to manufacturing plant shut down - covid19

Hello,

I’m a H1B worker laid off due to manufacturing plant shut down amidst the covid uncertainty. I understand I have a 60 day window to find my next job which is proving difficult in these uncertain times.
Do we have additional time to find our next employers and assignments?

There is mention of a bill to be passed for laid off workers to get some benefits due to covid. Will that include H1b workers?

thanks!

4 hours ago, User099 said:

At this time there is only 60 days of grace period, wait for the "Bill" to pass to see what will be in it. 

There is no bill for H1 relief. If you know otherwise please provide the bill #. Otherwise, please don't spread rumors.

On 3/26/2020 at 12:39 AM, JoeF said:

There is no bill for H1 relief. If you know otherwise please provide the bill #. Otherwise, please don't spread rumors.

I am not spreading any rumors here and I am also asking them to not believe on rumors about such things in the bill till they see the actual bill. You need to stop accusing people of lies.

2 hours ago, User099 said:

I am not spreading any rumors here and I am also asking them to not believe on rumors about such things in the bill till they see the actual bill. You need to stop accusing people of lies.

As I said, do not spread rumors. It is also bad to raise false hopes.

The relief bill excludes most foreign nationals, as a Murthy lawyer stated here:

Last week, USCIS had announced that deadlines would be extended for responding to Requests for Evidence and Notices of Intent to Deny. Today, they have further clarified that this flexibility also applies to Notices of Intent to Revoke (NOIR) and Notices of Intent to Terminate (NOIT) regional investment centers, as well as appeals and motions filed on Form I-290B.

If the RFE, NOID, NOIR, NOIT, or denial was issued between March 1st and May 1st, USCIS is providing an additional 60 days to submit the response or file the appeal or motion:

Notice/Request/Decision Issuance Date:

This flexibility applies to an RFE, NOID, NOIR, NOIT or appealable decision within AAO jurisdiction and the issuance date listed on the request, notice or decision is between March 1, 2020 and May 1, 2020, inclusive.

Response Due Date:

Any response to an RFE, NOID, NOIR, or NOIT received within 60 calendar days after the response due date set in the request or notice will be considered by USCIS before any action is taken. Any Form I-290B received up to 60 calendar days from the date of the decision will be considered by USCIS before it takes any action.

Although this is a helpful step for many employers, visa holders, and attorneys, it does not extend filing deadlines for status expiration. If your status is expiring, you must still comply with all existing regulations and timely file your extension or change of status before your current status expires.

18 hours ago, JoeF said:

As I said, do not spread rumors. It is also bad to raise false hopes.

The relief bill excludes most foreign nationals, as a Murthy lawyer stated here:

Mr. Genius, May god bless you with some sense. I also said the same to check what is in the bill before making conclusions.  I know its hard to comprehend, but its OK as one day you will grow up and learn bullying is not an art.