All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
vkanuri1

SOC Code change with new employer

I have a question related to change of soc code. I am currently working for Comp. A as a Sr Software Developer (under SOC code 15-1132). I interviewed for a position of Lead Architect/Project Lead for company B and got an offer. The SOC code that they are planning to apply is under 15-1111 (Computer Research Scientist). I have done some papers on mathematics and computer science in the past, which was one of the topics of the interview. Any one have experience with SOC code denials and approvals/denial with soc code 15-1111? TIA 

H1B Classification requires that the sponsored job be one that requires a related Bachelor's Degree that the beneficiary holds. There is no requirement that a change of employer petition be filed for a job using the same occupation code that a separate employer is using for their own job.

Thanks for the response. Was told by on of the attorney's that SOC code 15-1111 is an outright RFE and denial. Is that true or is it like any other soc code with matching with job responsibilities and adjudicated on a case by case basis?