Days one can stay in US after quitting job on h1b visa (Corona time)

I know I can't get a correct response on this scenario but I'd just like to put it out there.

I had an approved h1b from company A and then I moved to company B where we just responded to the RFE that I received on the transfer petition (my I 94 from original h1b was till sep'20 - approved petition from company A)

I would like to quit my job at company B and move back to India but travel is restricted these days due to Corona virus.

Is it possible to quit the job and stay in the country till the corona situation gets better? Do I get 60 days grace period? Will days after I quit accumulate against my out of status days?

17 hours ago, Manish1407 said:

I know I can't get a correct response on this scenario but I'd just like to put it out there.

I had an approved h1b from company A and then I moved to company B where we just responded to the RFE that I received on the transfer petition (my I 94 from original h1b was till sep'20 - approved petition from company A)

I would like to quit my job at company B and move back to India but travel is restricted these days due to Corona virus.

Is it possible to quit the job and stay in the country till the corona situation gets better? Do I get 60 days grace period? Will days after I quit accumulate against my out of status days?

Even if you get 60 days, it will be safe to apply for a B or a dependent visa (if that's an option) just as fall back plan if the current condition lasts for more than 60 days. 

Thank you all for answering.

@JoeF Do you have any official references anywhere that mentions that? I have read the same in a lot of forums but equally heard statements against it saying 60 day grace period holds only when a company fires you rather than when you quit it.

One option that I see is changing status from h1b to B1 as suggested by @User099. Does anyone know what would be a typical cost for that cuz I'm pretty sure my employer wont pay for that 😛

@gopalakrishnach I wouldn't have but I have a good offer through an old contact and I dont want to let it go...and in case i find no way to delay the joining, I'm looking for a way to work remotely from US till it gets safe to travel.