All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
prakash001

Oath cermony trequirement

Hi All,

Greetings to every one. I am in a peculiar situation and would greatly appreciate a quick answer from anyone. My Otht ceremony was scheduled on 27th Mar at 9:30 AM and I understand that the USCIS offices are closed till the 1st Apr 20. This may continue for sometime till the epidemic is under control. and I do not know when the ceremony will take place.

With this said, my employer is laying off some of the work force which could include me.. I was at the same USCIS district office for an year before I went for my Naturalization interview. Do I need to continue staying in the same USCIS district till my oath ceremony is scheduled or can I move out to another state and come for the oath ceremony when it is due.

With regards

Prakash

I do have a rented apartment and my family will be staying here. Only I want to move out to a nearby state  if I lose my job here, but will be coming for the week ends.

A residence is not physical presence. It is where you get your mail, pay your local and federal taxes and where you normally reside.