H1B and H4 renewal filed, USCIS offices are closed until April 1

Hello,

We have filed for H1 and H4 visa renewal last week, have not received receipt yet. USCIS in-person appointments are canceled. 

1) My wife had biometrics done a couple of months ago for Canada's visitor visa, will that biometrics still valid for H4 renewal or she will need to do it again?

2) Can we change case to premium after biometrics is done?

3) How long does it take for H4 approval after the biometric is done, assuming the case is changed to premium?

1. Canada visitor's visa biometric is not at all accepted by US govt. Just ask and answer yourself will that be possible.

2. As of today 03/20, all premium processing will be stopped to applications that submitted after 03/20. If your I-129 or I-140 has already been filed and accepted by USCIS, they will continue to process in premium processing, but if they cannot complete the case within the 15-day clock, they will refund the premium fee. Otherwise, anything filed after 03/20, can only be filed in regular processing.

3. No timeline with and without virus...

Edited by gopalakrishnach