All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
UserDrmr

Corona travel - EAD

Hi all,

I am an F1 EAD working in the USA. I am currently in India planning to leave soon to the USA. But with the new travel restrictions and self-isolation rules in India I may get stuck here. 

My EAD expires in July, which means I have to apply for the extension in April. What happens if I am stuck in India for a few months. 

Will I be able to go back to the states? what would be my options then?

Thanks in advance!

At this point there are no restrictions for traveling from India to US. Self-isolation is for people going to India and not when you are leaving.

Thanks for the response! Yes, at this point there are no restrictions from India to the US. But with the situation being very fluid and changing every day I am looking at the above situation and trying to look at the options.

As far as I know you will have to be in the US to apply for an EAD. If you can travel asap that might be good option rather than waiting till July.

F-1 unemployment rules still apply when someone travels so being outside the United States for an extended period of time could impact the ability to maintain F-1 status and potentially lose someone eligibility to return to the U.S.