H1B Transfer & Extension Regular Processing Texas Service Center

My H1B Transfer and Extension petition was filed in September 2019 in regular processing and is being processed at Texas Service Center. My case status is showing as "Case was Received". Since the Texas Service Center is not showing processing time for H1B extension, would it be advisable to raise a service request for outside normal processing time after completion of six months to ask about my case status? Has anyone experienced any sort of impact (positive/negative) on their case by raising a service request? 

Also, can the petitioner directly raise the service request online or is it required for the attorney to do so? Thanks!

In relation to the same question. My H1B extension has been initiated in Aug'19 (Regular). And the case status is still shows as "Received". Consideration: I have H4 dependents too with the same filing. And they have gone for Biometrics in US post 1 month of filing. 

It's 7 months past now without any response. Is it advised to raise the service request or wait until the USCIS respond? Considering 5-6 months of processing time.

On 3/16/2020 at 4:46 PM, WanderingSouls said:

Thank you for the reply @User099.

Right on the day of six months completion from application date, they updated my status to "Request for Initial Evidence Was Sent". How convenient. And so the struggle continues...

I know Premium processing is not cheap, but if you want to fast result that's the best option. Try to get a decision before the I94 expiry date if that's an option. Good luck!