Jump to content
All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wwer

Join new employer on just two week's approval, Or go back to previous employer?

Recommended Posts

I am in a very weird situation. Working with employer A with their i94 records and Visa validity till 2020. Did H1b Transfer on full time with company B, but they got only two weeks' approval notice after an RFE, Now they have started doing my extension. Not sure should I join them in this situation? Below is my confusion. 

i) What would happen if I did not join company B ?

ii) What would happen if I join B and after extension result if a rejection , can join employer A?

iii) Employer B got my transfer using my A's i94. 

Suggestion would be very helpful. Searched a lot not find a situation where someone got only two week's approval notice. 

 

Thank you so much. 

Edited by wwer
Title edited

Share this post


Link to post

Two weeks validity for an approval ? That is too short. What kind of work do they want you to do?

how can they file extension if you have not joined them?

1. Nothing happens. You can continue to work for Employer A.

2. Once you join Employer B, you will have to transfer your H1 back to Employer to start working for them.

It is not A's I-94. It is yours.

 

Share this post


Link to post

Better to join B after getting long time approval or else find new employer or stay with A.

ii) I sense after you join B, A needs to let USCIS know and get H1B revoked. So if you want to come back to A then new H1B petition.

If B will do again new H1B petition without any change maybe you will get same result.

I will stay with A or else new employer. I will study B first and decide whether to join them or not.

 

Edited by gopalakrishnach

Share this post


Link to post

1. Nothing will happen if you don't join B. 

2. Yes. But A will have to file for a new petition to bring you back to his payroll. 

If you want to join B, then check to see why the petition was approved for only 2 weeks. If its a Full time position, then generally there are no contract limits which would have triggered a 2 week approval notice. 

Share this post


Link to post

1. Nothing will happen if you don't join B. 

2. Yes. But A will have to file for a new petition to bring you back to his payroll. 

If you want to join B, then check to see why the petition was approved for only 2 weeks. If its a Full time position, then generally there are no contract limits which would have triggered a 2 week approval notice. 

Share this post


Link to post

Well, Thank you so much for replying to this post. I read your response today, but before that took decision staying with A. As if there is only a 1% risk of rejection why would we take that risk if A is having our validity till 2022. I appreciate your time and suggestions, Thanks Again. 🙇‍♂️

 

On 3/11/2020 at 7:08 PM, wwer said:
 
 
 
 
 
🙌
4
On 3/11/2020 at 7:08 PM, wwer said:

I am in a very weird situation. Working with employer A with their i94 records and Visa validity till 2020. Did H1b Transfer on full time with company B, but they got only two weeks' approval notice after an RFE, Now they have started doing my extension. Not sure should I join them in this situation? Below is my confusion. 

i) What would happen if I did not join company B ?

ii) What would happen if I join B and after extension result if a rejection , can join employer A?

iii) Employer B got my transfer using my A's i94. 

Suggestion would be very helpful. Searched a lot not find a situation where someone got only two week's approval notice. 

 

Thank you so much.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×