I-290B approved! I-485 reopen after denial.

Hi there, 

My husband’s I-485 was denied in December 2019. I'm very happy to share that the I-290B (Notice of Appeal or Motion) we filed has been accepted, and his I-485 is reopen. We did it ourselves, paying only the I-290B fees of $675 (note that ours was a simpler case - his I-485 was denied due to not submitting form I-864 affidavit of support, when we initially filed.)

Timeline:

Early December 2019 - I-485 denied

Late December 2019 - I-290B applied (you have only 33 days from the date of denial notice to file the Motion)

March 2020 - I-485 reopens, based on evidence and documents along with the I-290B

March 2020 - EAD card is being produced! 

Good luck. 

• 10 months later...

Hello, 

I'm glad it worked out for you! Im currently in the same situation. My l-485 was denied in December 2020 due to not submitting l-864 affidavit of support. I filled I-290b in the last days of December 2020 and I'm currently waiting, although  i got a notice on January 11, 2021 that my l-130 has been approved and I'm not sure what that means regarding the l-290b submission. Did you get a notice from  USCIS saying that your l-290b was received before it was approved? as i haven't gotten one yet. 

Looking forward to your response. 

Thanks.