N-400 Interview Complete, but decision cannot be made yet

Hello,

On Jan 14, 2020, I had attended US Citizenship interview and passed the civic test. However, the immigration office gave me a letter that decision cannot be made yet on my application. There is no update about attending interview on USCIS website. It shows that my application expected to be complete by March 2020 on USCIS website. Please let me know whether I will have to wait until end of month to get update or what I can do to know the status of my application. Any help or direction on this deeply appreciated. 

Thanks,

• 2 months later...
On 3/9/2020 at 10:46 PM, SenAndi said:

Hello,

On Jan 14, 2020, I had attended US Citizenship interview and passed the civic test. However, the immigration office gave me a letter that decision cannot be made yet on my application. There is no update about attending interview on USCIS website. It shows that my application expected to be complete by March 2020 on USCIS website. Please let me know whether I will have to wait until end of month to get update or what I can do to know the status of my application. Any help or direction on this deeply appreciated. 

Thanks,

Dont worry. Hopefully you will soon hear a favorable decision.

Regarding the standard text of "decision cannot be made yet", I was in a similar situation in December 2016.  The officer who completed my interview and civics test told me (this was very helpful) that they have a new system where they submit all favorable applications and the system will take further steps like scheduling an oath ceremony. While it varies greatly, there was a 4 month delay between my interview date and oath ceremony date. Since you were interviewed in Jan, you should have expected an oath by now but we all know that the Corona Virus crisis has taken its toll, so hopefully within a month or two you should be picked up for oath

All the best

• 9 months later...