H-1B is about to be revoked and planning on pursuing Doctorate, Am I eligible for Visa F1 stamping in Mexico/Canada/Bahamas?

Initially I did my Masters in Computer Science in USA and later I got H-1B and one year later I got NOIR (no longer cap exempt). Now, H-1B will be revoked in next 30-40 days. (My initial student visa of 5 years also expired)

So, planning on pursuing Doctorate program. My Questions are...

1Q. Am I eligible for F1 Visa stamping in Mexico/Canada/Bahamas countries?

2Q. If, yes for above question.... which country is better for going visa stamping?

3Q. How many days to get the passport back if visa approved in respective countries?

4Q. What are the challenges I might face?

5Q. Appreciate any suggestions... 

Thank you for your time and help in advance.

On 3/9/2020 at 8:00 AM, Noah Lott said:

however, each of the embassies mentioned may not be able to determine your true ties (which from my perspective look like zero)...

Hey Noah Lott...

Thanks for the reply....

I could not understand this point, especially "your true ties" to what?

And what is that your "perspective look like zero"...

Could please elaborate a little?

Thanks for your time again.

All you questions will be answered if you read few threads on this forum and do some research in google. If you have any specific questions they can be answered. But don't except people to do all the research for you and hand it to you on platter. 

Can you answer one question for me: What will you do after your PhD? (this is what Noah asked too).

On 3/10/2020 at 10:50 PM, User099 said:

All you questions will be answered if you read few threads on this forum and do some research in google. If you have any specific questions they can be answered. But don't except people to do all the research for you and hand it to you on platter. 

Can you answer one question for me: What will you do after your PhD? (this is what Noah asked too).

Hey User099,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I did all my research in every possible forum, including here, but I could not find any answers which are related to my case. Hence, I am here asking for some information, not that I have not researched anything nor expecting to be everything on my platter.

BTW, After my PHD, I will be return back my home country and will be starting my own IT company specialized in Cloud Security and Data Sciences.

Thanks again for your time.

13 hours ago, pxb0703 said:

Hey User099,

Thank you for the reply. Yes, I did all my research in every possible forum, including here, but I could not find any answers which are related to my case. Hence, I am here asking for some information, not that I have not researched anything nor expecting to be everything on my platter.

BTW, After my PHD, I will be return back my home country and will be starting my own IT company specialized in Cloud Security and Data Sciences.

Thanks again for your time.

I don't think you can go to Mexico, but you can go to Canada.

All consulates follow the same rules when issuing an F1 so it won't be any different.

Since you have a NOIR, it might be best to check if there any any risks with an attorney.

Be prepared to wait as your is not a straight forward case, so the standard time which is 2- 3 days might not apply to you. 

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

As you may be aware, all non-immigrants are subject to the presumption of immigrant intent under Section 214(b) of the Immigration and Nationality Act.  It means that if you fail to establish your strong ties to your home country, your application for F1 visa will be refused. Given the background of  your case, it may a challenge to convince a consular officer at a U.S. Consulate (other than in your home country), about your non-immigrant intent and future plans so it is important to think this through and apply with a proper strategy. We would suggest that you consult with a qualified and experienced Immigration Attorney prior to applying for the visa. 
Should you need help, you can reach us on info@murthyindia.com.