Non-Immigrant Medicaid Question

I have question regarding impact on my non-immigrant status which is h1-b extension and green card processing. 

I am a full-time employee under h1b. We recently got blessed with baby 12/06/2019. Due to postpartum and newborn emergency could not enroll my child for insurance under me. Therefore she got subjected to 90 day wait period and now approved to have insurance from may 1st 2020. Meanwhile due to the gap someone suggested to have her insurance under MI child care. And we applied and she got approved retroactive to 12/01/2019. We just learned today that it is Medicaid insurance and as we are non-immigrant parents applying for out US citizen child our future h1-b extension and green card gets impacted. Is this true. 

Your knowledge in this matter is highly appreciated. Please help us.
On 3/6/2020 at 6:47 PM, pavan_avnr said:
I have question regarding impact on my non-immigrant status which is h1-b extension and green card processing. 

I am a full-time employee under h1b. We recently got blessed with baby 12/06/2019. Due to postpartum and newborn emergency could not enroll my child for insurance under me. Therefore she got subjected to 90 day wait period and now approved to have insurance from may 1st 2020. Meanwhile due to the gap someone suggested to have her insurance under MI child care. And we applied and she got approved retroactive to 12/01/2019. We just learned today that it is Medicaid insurance and as we are non-immigrant parents applying for out US citizen child our future h1-b extension and green card gets impacted. Is this true. 

Your knowledge in this matter is highly appreciated. Please help us.

I am not an expert in this, but my opinion is that the MI Child Care/Medicaid insurance will be paying for the US citizen child which is OK. You are not the primary beneficiary of the insurance. 

Benefits received by your child do not affect you. See USCIS Policy Manual volume 8 part G chapter 9 section A-8:

Receipt by Dependents

USCIS only considers the alien to have received a public benefit if the alien is a named beneficiary of the benefit but not where an alien is applying, being certified to receive, or receiving a public benefit on behalf of another person. USCIS does not consider any public benefit received by, requested by, or certified for a U.S. citizen or any relative or household member of the alien.

For example, the following is not considered as received, requested or certified for the alien:

• The alien parent is applying for a public benefit on behalf of a U.S. citizen child;