Filing amendment from India when Misdemanor case is pending

SMAMBA

I was arrested in US for a misdemeanor case just before I have to travel to India. My amendment case was still pending but I have a valid visa. 

After coming to India, my amendment got denied for specialty occupation. After that I got a letter from District Attorney to enroll myself in PES program so that no criminal charges were filed against me. I enrolled in it but I still have to take this class. 

Now my company is filing a new amendment for me. I will definitely mention this in my forms. 

But I need to know will I be able to travel in this condition or my company will not allow me to travel with this case still open. Also will there be any issue at port of entry if my company files it for me ?

• 1 month later...

Hi,

We are sorry to know about your predicament. If your case falls under the petty offence exception, then it is up to your employer to continue to offer your employment. One may also have to contact the criminal defence attorney to obtain all the required police and court records to ensure there is no issue while traveling. It is best that you consult with an experienced immigration attorney. Should you need assistance, you may reach us on info@murthyindia.com.