In-Laws Tourist Visa Denied

My Brother-in-law, his Wife and his Mother (my Mother-in-law) all 3 went for US Visitor Visa (B1/B2) at Kolkata, India. They were denied Visa with the reason of 214(b) . Not sure if the CoVid-19 situation is affecting the Visitor Visa applications, but I had few questions. 

Basically My brother-in-law is a business man and he had all the right documents - ownership, IT return but was asked none of the documents. I (staying in US) showed complete sponsorship for all 3 of them  and then provided all the required documents. I had previously sponsored my parents and Sister and they were approved Visa. 

So my questions are:-

1)  When should we next reapply for their Visitor Visa (Recommended gap duration)

2)  Is it still okay for all 3 of them to go as a group Interview as before or Mother-in-Law separate Interview from Brother-in-law and his wife.

3) Is it a good Idea for me or my wife to show full sponsorship for them or this might be ruining their case in case US govt would think that none of the foreign money is being spent here. If you think they should rather show financial support from their side then please let me know as he will be able to show this from his side. 

4)  Also will it matter if he visits a different consulate office (Hyderabad, India) than the one where he got rejected (Kolkata,India) or will it make his case weaker.

Lastly, just wanted to let you know that when he was asked "Purpose of travel to US" , he said -  "Family Get-together (visiting me and my wife) and visit places in USA" . Not sure if should have avoided the comment family get-together. 

Please let me know your responses and share your experiences as I am hearing of this more often these days.

Thanks,

Ish

Thanks for your response. They said that they were planning to visit for "2 months" . Was that more and show we just stick to 2-3 weeks instead of months. Also only my brother in law was asked questions (below): 

- How long you are planning to visit?  - 2 months

- Reason for Visit? - Visit sister and bro-in-law (sponsor) and travel USA for tourism

- What to do you do? - Business (He had relevant papers but those were not asked) 

Neither his wife nor his mother was asked any question. 

• 1 month later...

Hi Ish!

At the outset, the consular officers do not refuse a visa based on a global pandemic situation. In general, all B2 visa applicants must overcome the presumption of immigrant intent under INA §214(b) by establishing the purpose of trip, availability of funds and evidencing strong ties to home country during the visa interview. The consular officers make a positive determination based on the information provided on the visa application Form DS-160 and information elicited at the visa interview. The consular officers seldom review the papers carried for the visa interview. However, it is important for the applicant(s) to carry the documents for visa interview. One should note that most applicants with strong ties to home ties can reapply anytime. It is best for you to consult an experienced immigration attorney to understand the complexities involved in reapplying for B2 visa together as a family and from a different consulate.