I-275 and B1 visa cancelled

Hi All,

Hope all are doing well, My B1 visa has been cancelled in Feb 2019 at POE in Abu Dhabi because of lack of complete documents from my employer (Return ticket / hotel reservations), they issued me I-275 and allowed me to withdraw my admission and I came back to India without a scratch.

I am actually H1B CAP Exempt (2 years left out of 6 years CAP) and my new employer in India would like to file for H1 transfer in 2020. 

1. I-275 (B1 visa cancellation) will have any kind of impact on my new H1 transfer process / approval?
  2. If at all, my visa gets approved / stamped, will there be any problem at POE again? Because of earlier B1 cancellation?
  3. Any clue what does it mean by "W06048" - stamped in my passport while cancelling B1 visa.

Please let me know your thoughts / suggestions, Thank you for reading this. 

-Mokh

1. You need to mention it. If not petition time but visa stamping time you will mention in DS 160.

2. If visa approved, they may try to ask questions and if you have valid documents you will be allowed. Expect your cancellation to have some effect always.

3. Simple google gave me this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_application_for_admission

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/6/2020 at 12:40 AM, gopalakrishnach said:

1. You need to mention it. If not petition time but visa stamping time you will mention in DS 160.

2. If visa approved, they may try to ask questions and if you have valid documents you will be allowed. Expect your cancellation to have some effect always.

3. Simple google gave me this https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Withdrawal_of_application_for_admission

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...

Hi!

In general, aliens who were permitted by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer to withdraw the admission at the port of entry, should not have any bar to re-enter the U.S. unless any misrepresentation was involved. One needs to review the form I-275 and understand the circumstances under which the visa was cancelled to evaluate the impact on future visa applications.  In your case, we strongly recommend that you consult a qualified and experienced Immigration Attorney prior to applying for a U.S. visa. Should you need help in this regard, you can reach us on info@murthyindia.com.

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2020 at 1:35 PM, MurthyIndia_Lawyer said:

Hi!

In general, aliens who were permitted by the U.S. Customs and Border Protection officer to withdraw the admission at the port of entry, should not have any bar to re-enter the U.S. unless any misrepresentation was involved. One needs to review the form I-275 and understand the circumstances under which the visa was cancelled to evaluate the impact on future visa applications.  In your case, we strongly recommend that you consult a qualified and experienced Immigration Attorney prior to applying for a U.S. visa. Should you need help in this regard, you can reach us on info@murthyindia.com.

Thank you so much