All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ubuntu_2020

Father convicted...chances of B2 visa

Hello Everyone, 

My father is convicted in a corruption charge and recently in December 2019 completed his jail term of 1.5 yrs. 

I now want to bring him to the USA on visitor visa B2. Do I need to declare about his record in DS-160 and what are his chances of getting approved for B2 visa. 

Also my husband would be paying for their trip. Will he be questioned on why he is paying for such a person with conviction. I don't want my husband to be in trouble and would stop processing my father's visa if there is even remote chance of my husband landing in trouble. 

Please let me know on this, any help is highly appreciated. 

1. You have to be honest while filing your DS-160. Not disclosing/falsifying information could land you in issues later.

2. Your husband is unlikely to be questioned, but it could be recorded in the USCIS database.

Whether your father gets the visa depends on the actual purpose of visit and how he handles the interview.

if he lies, the interview will be over....

it sounds like he now is ineligible for having committed a Crime Involving Moral Turpitude..(CIMT)....for that, not only must he overcome 214b (which you cannot assist in doing on his behalf, no matter what worthless letter you might write explaining how he is really a good guy, etc) but he would then need a waiver under 212 d3, which will be entirely up to the discretion of the CO in recommending...no recommendation, no waiver (pretty much), and even if recommended, no guarantee one will be granted

As for paying for a trip, totally meaningless...but again, if he lies, he will never see the United States for years...they will be taking his fingerprints....his case will likely be set aside to investigate his conviction and how it might relate to someone having committed a CIMT...and any wild stories presented about how it wasn't his fault, that the police made up stories or he was forced into making some bad decision will only result in an extremely swift denial...