Father convicted...chances of B2 visa

Hello Everyone, 

My father is convicted in a corruption charge and recently in December 2019 completed his jail term of 1.5 yrs. 

I now want to bring him to the USA on visitor visa B2. Do I need to declare about his record in DS-160 and what are his chances of getting approved for B2 visa. 

Also my husband would be paying for their trip. Will he be questioned on why he is paying for such a person with conviction. I don't want my husband to be in trouble and would stop processing my father's visa if there is even remote chance of my husband landing in trouble. 

Please let me know on this, any help is highly appreciated. 

1. You have to be honest while filing your DS-160. Not disclosing/falsifying information could land you in issues later.

2. Your husband is unlikely to be questioned, but it could be recorded in the USCIS database.

Whether your father gets the visa depends on the actual purpose of visit and how he handles the interview.

• 1 month later...

Hi!

It is important for an applicant answer all questions on the visa application form DS-160 honestly to avoid a lifetime bar for wilful misrepresentation or suppression of material fact(s). Also note only the applicant is responsible for his actions and it will not impact anyone sponsoring in the capacity of son-in-law. Given the complexities surrounding the conviction, it is best to consult an experienced immigration to understand if your father has triggered any ban based on his conviction. If you do not already have an attorney, you may reach one of attorneys by emailing on info@murthyindia.com.