All posts are moderated, so it will take time for your post to appear!
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nikenp

221G at Nogales Mexico

Hello,

I had my H1b visa interview for me and H4 for my wife today in Nogales Mexico and I was given 221g white slip. They gave me my passport/I797 back and told that it may take a day/a week. 

I am not sure if someone is in the same situation. Can you please let me know how long it takes usually to get it cleared who was in similar situation in Nogales? 

Also i came by road and I was told by few people here that I can re-enter USA with my old visa and valid I797. Can you please let me know if it is legal to do that?

thank you!! 

Sorry to hear your case.

Without how your interview went on and your profile we cannot say what is the reason for 221G and how long it might take. Nogales generally has good reputation for clearing 221G pretty quickly if it is straight forward.

Yes people tried crossing border.

Edited by gopalakrishnach

On 2/25/2020 at 2:54 PM, nikenp said:

Hello,

I had my H1b visa interview for me and H4 for my wife today in Nogales Mexico and I was given 221g white slip. They gave me my passport/I797 back and told that it may take a day/a week. 

I am not sure if someone is in the same situation. Can you please let me know how long it takes usually to get it cleared who was in similar situation in Nogales? 

Also i came by road and I was told by few people here that I can re-enter USA with my old visa and valid I797. Can you please let me know if it is legal to do that?

thank you!! 

You can't use AVR if you attend the visa interview.

14 hours ago, User099 said:

You can't use AVR if you attend the visa interview.

But I am in a whatsapp group for Mogales MX visa stamping and Nogales has unique scenario even if you attend visa interview you can go to border and they might allow to cross. One person did it but I guess in his case he hadvisa valid for 2 more weeks. But they can give it a shot.

Edited by gopalakrishnach

3 hours ago, gopalakrishnach said:

But I am in a whatsapp group for Mogales MX visa stamping and Nogales has unique scenario even if you attend visa interview you can go to border and they might allow to cross. One person did it but I guess in his case he hadvisa valid for 2 more weeks. But they can give it a shot.

If you have valid visa, that is a different case. I have also heard of a process (don't know what they call it) what you said were you can go to POE and request to enter the country and they might issue you a temporary I94 (not a visa) to enter and it will be valid for 15-20 days. Basically to wrap up your stuff and leave. This will solely depend on the individual's case and can't be generalized. I think the justification for that is going to be that you are not a Mexican national and struck in a Third country. 

Thank you for your replies...the interview went well but the officer said they need to do further verification so they can’t approve it now. I work as EVC model and they took my W2s from 2016-2019 and Employer/client letter. 

Same day they sent an email to employer/client for my job duties and work location verification and my client manager replied immediately and employer replied next day. I received email 2nd day to submit passport and asked me to come at 4 to pick up the passport but system was not updated so they asked me to come again following day. 

usually everyone gets passport same day as interview but I had to wait 2 more days. 
I decided not to come back as when I was checking, it is not legal to come back when H1B visa is in process. Even though POE officer allows to come to USA on I797A, you may run into issue getting GC approval or future extensions. 

Usually 3-4 days takes at most of the places to get Visa stamped. And here even with Admin processing it took 4 days total so overall it wasn’t that bad. People were nice and I felt Nogales is a like a small town in India. Stay at Fairfield Inn which is 2 mins walking distance from the consulate and also closer to Walmart/Mall.

12 hours ago, nikenp said:

Thank you for your replies...the interview went well but the officer said they need to do further verification so they can’t approve it now. I work as EVC model and they took my W2s from 2016-2019 and Employer/client letter. 

Same day they sent an email to employer/client for my job duties and work location verification and my client manager replied immediately and employer replied next day. I received email 2nd day to submit passport and asked me to come at 4 to pick up the passport but system was not updated so they asked me to come again following day. 

usually everyone gets passport same day as interview but I had to wait 2 more days. 
I decided not to come back as when I was checking, it is not legal to come back when H1B visa is in process. Even though POE officer allows to come to USA on I797A, you may run into issue getting GC approval or future extensions. 

Usually 3-4 days takes at most of the places to get Visa stamped. And here even with Admin processing it took 4 days total so overall it wasn’t that bad. People were nice and I felt Nogales is a like a small town in India. Stay at Fairfield Inn which is 2 mins walking distance from the consulate and also closer to Walmart/Mall.

Nogales is good place to go. Once again proven. Thanks for the updates...