Advice needed for H1 stamping at Mumbai

chetgo30

Hello Gurus ,

Here is my situation as of now 

I have booked for H1 non cap stamping valid till Aug 2021 at Mumbai in April . My latest H1 petition was approved for 3 yrs with an amended LCA for 1 geographic location.

Place of empolyment 1 : Client 1 ( where i am presently working )
Additional worksites :
Place of employment 2 : Client 2  ( where we have an SOW until Feb 2020  - although I am not working there . This client is within 50 miles of metropolitan area)
Place of employment 3 : Own Company ( we do have internal projects within the product development division  but i am 100% billed on Client 1 - again within 5 miles of metropolitan area ) 

Looking at the recent experiences of people attending interviews , one thing is clear . The questions are pretty standard .

1. What company do you work for ?

2. What is your designation and salary ? 

3. What is your work location and job duties ?

4. Do you work for a Client ? 

If the answer for question 4 is  YES . Then comes the complication of providing client letter .

In my case ,the client is not willing to give any signed document confirming my presence here .  

Here is what I plan to do and want to get advice from the community if this is a risk worth taking because my perm is in process and I don't want to disturb my situation now .

For questions 4 ,  I plan to say YES  and say I primarily work as product manager with development responsibilites at Place of empoyment 3 and have short term client assignments and billable when needed .
Right now  , I work at my own company and might get some assignment with the two mentioned clients in the future . My own company can give me the project documentation I need .

Is this response acceptable ?  Can all the forum members review my thread and post their comments here . It will be of great help to me to decide if I can take the risk of going to India . 

Thanks and Regards.

CKG

Simply, while going to visa interview we take one H1B approval notice belong to one client and thats where we are supposed to work. This is straight forward and even in such cases many gets 221G. Yours is twisted and complicated. If you are really below I feel you can answer to your own questions.

I primarily work as product manager with development responsibilites

3 hours ago, chetgo30 said:

DOn't think you are getting the point guys  .My LCA has  3 sites . it's just that I don't have a client letter for site 1 where I work right now . Question is - can i say i work at site 2 and occasionally go to Site 1 as site 2 ( my company )  can confirm my presence ?

I understood what you have in your LCA.

Do you work at Site 2?

I know they put 3 addresses in the LCA, but if you don't work at Location 2 then you should say the same to the VO. If you don't have a client letter you can tell them the same which is lot better than lying about it. VO also knows that all company's are not required to give a client letter. There will be some agreement between your company and the vendor/client which should be enough.

Bottom line: Don't lie and fall into a bottomless pit and keep lying to cover the first lie.   

18 hours ago, chetgo30 said:

I have to talk to my employer . I don't work at site 2 right now but we put it in LCA as the client only does short term SOWs and there might be a possibility I have to work offsite as well . 

Anytime you say you work at a client location, VO will generally ask for a client letter. If the client is not able to provide that then there a lot of alternatives like email conversation from your client saying they have a no client letter policy.